Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Starting down a new trail...

After a long and successful career in marketing it was time for a change.  I felt the need to have a career of meaning and purpose, not merely success.  From as early as I can recall, I have always enjoyed wild places.  As a young kid I would explore local woods and spend hours in the creek.  As a teenager I joined the Junior Staff of a local nature (a volunteer youth organization that provided trail maintenance and other support).  Throughout high school I attended a variety of ecology and and conservations programs, culminating in a summer with the Student Conservation Association doing back-country trail work in Olympic National Park.  My summer jobs though college were staff naturalist positions for various summer camps.  

So, how does a dedicated environmental biology major end up as a product marketing executive for a major telecommunications service provider, you might ask.  That will have to wait for tomorrow's post.

For now, let me close by framing the mission of this blog.  Put simply, it is to raise awareness of our individual and collective responsibility to be good stewards of our world.  We will accomplish said goal through open and frank dialog around current issues, policy decisions, and life style choices.  I hope to show that you need not make great sacrifices to make a meaning impact on the environment today and for generations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment