Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

Negligent doesn't even begin to describe my lack of blog posts...

So, it has been over two YEARS since my last post. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa.  As I transitioned out of my sabbatical and back into corporate life, this blog was one of the things that set aside.  I have missed sharing my thoughts, musings, and wondering in the natural world.  I will endeavor to begin posting perhaps on a weekly basis.

I have not neglected my need to connect with nature, in fact, I have gone back to another earlier love, photography in recent months.  I have outfitted myself with new gear and have been spending what little free time I have outside of work and family to honing my photographic craft.

I particularly enjoy capturing images in nature that others may not see.  Sometimes capturing those images requires getting up before dawn and wading into a stream, or merely seeing things from a different point of view.

What is most rewarding, is simply getting out of the house and the office and staying connected with the living things around us.  Photographing a scene or a specific subject forces me to look beyond the pretty sunrise or beautiful sunny day, to frame a moment, a feeling, an engagement with my ecosystem.

With Earth Day rapidly approaching, it seems an opportune moment to recommit to sharing my thoughts and perspectives on the natural world and my place in it.

So how will I spend Earth Day, aside from making another blog post?  I will take a walk in the woods, snap a few pictures, and support local environmental education efforts with my time and money.  How about you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment